Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Feedback Time...

Okay, now it's time for your input. I am considering which class to take next and am asking "what would give the greatest benefit to me and to the ministry of the church I pastor?" Though the classes don't begin until January '09, I have to complete 2000+ pages of reading beforehand - so I will need to get on it pretty soon.

I am planning to take one class during the winter session and one or two during the summer session. I am thinking that fall/advent/Christmas season will be busy and spring/summer will afford more time for preparation.

Anyway - I'd be interested in your feedback on some of my class options. Check out the syllabi below and let me know your thoughts.

2009_01_2DM803_Transitions_in_Leadership
2009_01_2DM842_Empowering_Church_Leaders_in_Soul_Care
2009_01_2DM853_Church_Planting_Conference
2009_01_2DM860_The_Intentional_Church

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tom,
If an "outsider" is permitted to "vote" I would select The Intentional Church. At first blush I would have suggested Empowering Church Leaders. I am a firm believer that one indication of a healthy church is to have everyone involved in active ministry. After reviewing the course materials it appears that the course is more geared to empowering the pastor. Certainly necessary, but The Intentional Church seems to have the poential for a greater impact on a wider range of people.An outward ministry focus is another sign of a healthy church.An attitude of "it is not about us, it is about them" Bro Joe