Saturday, January 24, 2009

Back in the Saddle

I finished my class on Friday, so I'm back to my normal routine. The class, "Empowering Leaders in Soul Care", was really good, better than I thought it would be. And though I may whine a bit about being in class all week, and though I did come home each day pretty tired, I think I like being in class better than being on vacation!

I am hoping to revisit my class notes and reading list soon so I can better apply the principles to ministry. My hope is that our church will become a more and more emotionally healthy environment where real relationships can thrive.

Not that I want to become Dr. Phil and our church a big encounter group. I just want us to be able to love each other and lay down our lives for one another in a healthy way. I think everyone wants that, some where deep down. Somewhere.

No comments: