Between His resurrection and ascension Christ was busy commissioning his church. Our commission gives us our "marching orders" as we look to Christ's return. Last Sunday we looked at how our "commission" is seen in our Vision, Mission, and Values statements:
"We will be a community of believers who love God with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength and make Him known in our community and around the world"
"Our mission is to develop fully devoted followers of Christ who will meet the spiritual needs of our church and our community"
- Worship: We are created to find our joy in worshiping God.
- Teaching: Knowing and obeying God's Word is fundamental to all true success.
- Outreach: Lost people matter to God. He wants them found.
- Discipleship: Completing the Great Commission will require fully devoted followers of Christ of all ages.
- Prayer: Prayer is the primary work of the people of God.
- Community: Building community is essential for church health.
- Stewardship: Everything we have belongs to God. We are only stewards.
- Growth: Achieving God's purposes involves taking faith-filled risks.
These aren't nice items to post and forget. They can shape our ministry and motivate us to Kingdom work. We believe they reflect the vision and mission of God. Do they reflect your vision and mission? Take some time to consider these statements and how we as a church can shape our ministry around them!
The well wisher of your soul's happiness,