Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Igniting Revival


Our Missions Conference is coming up this March 13th – 15th. We are excited to have Dr. Joe and Kay Kong with us. In preparation for this weekend, I am sharing with you an article by Dr. Kong called "Igniting Revival". Please take some time to read what Dr. Kong has to say to you and to our church!

IGNITING REVIVAL

Evidence of God's Presence in His Church

By Joe Kong

I believe there has been a heart-cry in Alliance churches for revival. Through Dr. A. B. Simpson, God raised up The Christian and Missionary Alliance nearly 120 years ago to bring the gospel to all nations to hasten the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. Our C&MA leaders know that we will not be able to accomplish this enormous task without the extraordinary manifestation of God's presence in our lives and churches. Our deep longing is to be renewed in our fervent love for our Savior and our utter dependence upon Him for ministry.

As director for U.S. Intercultural Ministries, I also want revival in my own heart. My yearning for God is like David crying out, "O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water" (Ps. 63:1). I thirst for God daily so that "streams of living water will flow from within" me (John 7:38)…

(For the rest of the article - click here!)

No comments: